National Qualification | Full-Time and Part-Time
This programme prepares the student to enter a range of professional careers in the fields of Marketing and Business Management. Students qualified in this field of study will be able to make a significant contribution to the business environment.
This qualification provides students with a solid grounding in the academic theory underpinning the main concepts in the fields of Marketing and Business Management. The curriculum allows students to specialise in Marketing and Business Management in their 3rd year of study. Included in the programme is also a range of more generalised modules such as Business Communication and End User Computing, which are regarded as essential in today’s competitive business environment.
The programme duration is 3 years on a full-time basis, or 4 years on a part-time basis. Tuition is face to face and is scheduled per campus. Programmes are offered during the week on a full-time and part-time basis. Part-time tuition is scheduled as per the stipulated planner.
Students can pursue a career in the following fields:
- Market Research
- Marketing Management
- Sales Management
- Marketing Communications
- Business Management
On successful completion of the programme, the student will receive a Bachelor of Commerce in Marketing and Business Management degree.
- A National Senior Certificate (NSC) with Degree endorsement, or
- A National Certificate Vocational (NCV) at NQF Level 4 with Degree endorsement, or
- A Senior Certificate (SC), or Amended Senior Certificate (ASC), or
- An equivalent international school-leaving certificate / foreign secondary qualification on an NSC level, or
- Age Exemption (23 years or older):
- At least five years post-secondary school experience in the field in which the student wants to study and
- Proof of English language proficiency and
- Senior Certificate or equivalent
- Mature age applicants, 45 years and older without a school leaving qualification, may apply for conditional exemption
- Mathematics or Mathematical Literacy and English at NQF level 4 or equivalent
- Foreign Students whose first language is not English, may be required to provide proof of proficiency in English prior to admission to the programme
**Students will be given an opportunity to complete the EUC entrance exam. Should a student pass the exam they will be exempted from attending tuition for this module and credits will be awarded.