National Qualification | Full-Time and Part-Time
This programme prepares the student to enter a range of professional careers in the exciting field of accounting. Students qualified in this field of study will be able to provide competent and effective accounting services in a range of industries.
This programme provides a solid grounding in the academic theory underpinning the main concepts of the field of Accounting. The curriculum includes a significant practical component based on assignments and case studies. A range of more generalised modules such as Business Communication and Computer Skills, which are regarded as essential in today’s competitive business environment are also included in the programme.
The programme duration is 3 years on a full-time basis, or 4 years on a part-time basis. Tuition is face to face and is scheduled per campus. Programmes are offered during the week on a full-time and part-time basis. Part-time tuition is scheduled as per the stipulated planner.
Students can pursue a career in the following fields:
- Financial Accounting
- Financial Management
- Financial Analysis
- Marketing Communications
- Financial Advising
- Business Management
- Cost and Management Accounting
On successful completion of the programme, the student will receive a Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting Degree.
- A National Senior Certificate (NSC) with Degree endorsement, or
- A National Certificate Vocational (NCV) at NQF Level 4 with Degree endorsement, or
- A Senior Certificate (SC), or Amended Senior Certificate (ASC), or
- An equivalent international school-leaving certificate / foreign secondary qualification on an NSC level, or
- Age Exemption (23 years or older):
- At least five years post-Secondary School experience in the field in which the student wants to study and
- Proof of English language proficiency and
- Senior Certificate or equivalent
- Mature age applicants, 45 years and older without a school leaving qualification, may apply for conditional exemption
- Mathematics or Mathematical Literacy and English at NQF level 4 or equivalent
- Foreign Students whose first language is not English, may be required to provide proof of proficiency in English prior to admission to the programme
**Students will be given an opportunity to complete the EUC entrance exam. Should a student pass the exam they will be exempted from attending tuition for this module and credits will be awarded.