Damelin Diploma in Sound Technology
SAQA ID 86046 NQF 6
The Diploma in Sound Technology aims to provide students with the necessary knowledge and practical skills required to perform effectively in the Sound Technology Industry. The purpose of the qualification is to provide students with the ability to operate and apply Sound Technology functions within audio and media industries. The programme equips students with a comprehensive knowledge on mix down techniques, studio procedures, production techniques, basic studio acoustics and business management. On successful completion of the programme, graduates will be able to seek entry level positions in the fields of Sound Production and Engineering.
- A Grade 12 Certificate with admission to diploma studies
- An achievement rating of 3 (40% - 49%) in 4 recognised 20 credit bearing subjects
- Mathematics or Mathematical Literacy
- English at grade 12/NQF level 4 or equivalent
- Age Exemption (23 years or older)
- Mature age applicants, 45 years and older without a school leaving qualification, may apply for conditional exemption.
- Foreign Students whose first language is not English, may be required to provide proof of proficiency in English prior to admission to the programme
The programme duration is 3 years full time and tuition is face to face. Damelin tuition is scheduled per campus. Programmes are offered during the week on a full-time and part-time basis. Part-time tuition is scheduled as per the stipulated planner.
On successful completion of the programme, the student will receive a Diploma in Sound Technology.
Students can pursue a career in:
- Live Sound Engineering
- Music Production
- Studio Management
- Mastering Engineering
- Re-recording Mixing
- Systems Analysis and Design
Share this page: